The following terms constitute our policy regarding our Hosting Services. Clients purchasing any of our solutions, automatically accept and agree to be bound by the following terms.
Hosting for all our solutions is exclusively provided by Looksomething and cannot be transferred or delivered to any third party.
Hosting Features & Addons
Our hosting plan for Website & Full Pack (mobile apps & websites) plans include:
- 5 GB storage
- 100 GB monthly traffic
Our Hosting Addons are the following:
- 2 GB extra storage
- 50 GB extra monthly traffic
To begin with, websites and mailboxes are hosted on a shared server, meaning that multiple domains share a larger server. Our servers are equipped with all the essential safety tools and mechanisms in order to ensure that domains will not affect each other, in any way, within the same shared server.
Our hosting plan offers enough resources for most domains. However, in case overusages are detected, Addons will have to be purchased. If “Storage” or “Monthly Traffic” Addons are purchased 5 or more times, then an offer might be made in order to relocate specific domains to a private server.
Notice: In case you have only purchased a mobile application plan, your mobile applications will be hosted without charge on our own domains. Resources are unlikely to be exceeded since mobile apps do not consume the same amount of resources with websites. Therefore, no Addons for mobile applications exist regarding their hosting. However, in rare cases, we will consider making offers to specific clients to relocate them to private servers.
Looksomething is not a domain name registrar; therefore we are not responsible for activating and renewing domain names for websites.
The resources that can be overused are monthly traffic and storage. In case one or both of them reaches and surpasses the limits set, we will automatically be notified. Notice that even if both resources are overused, hosting will not be affected in the short term; both websites and mobile applications will continue running normally.
During the month that the first overusage will occur, it will be disregarded. However, a notification email will be sent to the customer.
In case the overusage occurs for a second time then:
- A notification email will be sent, informing the customer about the exact overused resource(s) providing him with guidance on how to get the required Addon(s), in order to continue using our services.
- A second reminder will be emailed 15 days after the first one.
- A third and final email notification will be sent 15 days after the second email.
- If no action is taken then the website, email accounts and mobile applications (in case of Full Packs) of the specific hosting plan will be unpublished without any further notice. Visitors trying to access those specific websites & mobile apps will view the following message:
“We are sorry but this service is not available at the moment.”
Plesk is a web hosting control panel that allows easy management of hosting accounts. Limited access to Plesk will be provided to every customer so that he can view his overusages and purchased Addons.
We run on a Nginx Web Server & PHP over Litespeed API. Such web servers increase performance and stability with their streamlined event-driven architecture and can serve thousands of clients with minimal memory consumption and CPU usage.
Our dedicated servers are equipped with high-end SSD drivers working on raid 10 to ensure fast & high availability hosting.
Our servers, provided by LeaseWeb, are located in a convenient and central location, The Netherlands, in one of the most reliable data centres in Europe as in to ensure the fastest available page loading speed.
A free and without guarantees SSL certificate will be issued by Let’s Encrypt to all websites developed by Looksomething. For more information please visit Let’s Encrypt.
Content Delivery Networks
A content delivery network (CDN) is a system of distributed servers that delivers pages and other web content to users, based on their geographic locations and the origin of the webpage. There are many CDN providers with some of them being Akamai, Cloudflare, MaxCDN, Incapsula, Rackspace etc.
In theory, CDNs are effective in speeding the delivery of content in websites with high traffic and websites that have global reach. The closer CDN server is to each user geographically, the faster the content will be delivered to him. However, that’s not always guaranteed.
Looksomething is not currently using any CDN server. Nevertheless, our customers are given the option, at their own risk, to make use of them. In such cases, customers need to contact us beforehand in order to receive a cost and time estimate. Please note that our offer will only include our own charges and not the costs required by each CDN provider.
Files & Databases Backup
In order to safeguard online files and databases, Looksomething performs incremental and full backups. Full backup is executed once per week and stores all files and databases regardless of the time the data was last updated and keeps them saved for one month. Incremental backups, executed daily, contain only files and databases that were changed since the time of the last full backup.
Backups are executed without any extra cost. However, recovering a backup can only be performed after contacting us so that we can provide a cost and time estimate.
Please note that recovering all your files & databases is not guaranteed and it mainly depends on the last time the backup was performed in relation to when data loss has occurred.
Server Image Backup
Looksomething utilises leading backup software & disaster recovery tools in order to protect and restore data & servers suffering from a natural or man-made disaster.
A server image backup is taken daily and in case disaster mode is activated, our specialised software recovers the data stored in the latest backup.
Our server’s security rules are regularly updated, thus protecting our customers from the most common attacks. Moreover, they come equipped with the following specialised software:
- CloudLinux OS is designed for shared hosting providers. It isolates each customer into a separate “Lightweight Virtualized Environment” (LVE), which partitions, allocates and limits server resources, like memory, CPU and connections, for each tenant. This ensures that tenants cannot jeopardise the stability of our server, causing all sites to slow down or even come to a halt. CloudLinux OS also “cages” tenants from one another to avoid security breaches. This way, unstable scripts or malware are not able to sprawl across sites, causing severe harm.
- CageFS is a virtualized, per-user file system that uniquely encapsulates each server user, preventing them from seeing each other or viewing sensitive information. CageFS prevents a large number of attacks, such as privilege escalation and information disclosure attacks.
- KernelCare provides automated security updates, allowing us to run our servers, for years without a reboot. It installs patches to the running server without any impact on performance. Moreover, it allows our servers to stay up to date on all security patches, continuously checking for new ones every few hours and automatically applying them.
- Imunify360, an automated security solution, delivers a powerful protection for our server providing a sophisticated detection of security threats, including distributed brute force & DOS attacks and infections.
Resource limits for each individual domain within our shared server are:
- 1 Core CPU
- 512 MB Physical Memory
- 1 MB IO
- 1024 MB IOPS
- 20 Entry Processors
- 100 NPROC
In case a domain exhausts the above resources then websites will experience significant delays and the following message will be displayed
“Error 508. Resource Limit Is Reached”
while mobile applications’ data won't update.
Please note, that it is highly unlikely that the above domain resources will be exhausted before total storage and monthly traffic are exceeded. In such an unlikely event, customers are kindly requested to contact us.
A hack occurs when somebody obtains write access to a domain and can change, add, or delete files in any way he desires. In the unlikely event that the hacking attempt is successful and manages to surpass Immunify360, our team will perform certain actions.
As soon as we become aware of the hacking we will immediately contact our client in order to provide information about the incident making a cost and an approximate recovery time estimate. In case the client becomes aware that his domain is hacked then he should immediately contact Looksomething.
Our technical team will then perform complete scans of the hacked website in order to clean any infected files or viruses. What is more, we will try to locate the source of the hacking and secure it to prevent future attempts.
Updating – Server Maintenance
KernelCare allows our servers to run for long periods of time without a reboot and when one is needed, downtime is greatly reduced. However, our servers may be brought offline for scheduled or emergency maintenance, or in order to update our security programs and tools. In case the maintenance is scheduled an email notification will be sent beforehand to all server users with the exact date and server downtime.
However, in case of an emergency and if server needs to go offline as soon as possible, notification emails will not be possible to be sent beforehand. Nevertheless, we will perform all the necessary actions to reduce server downtime as much as humanly possible keeping you informed along the way.
In order to avoid possible server failures, we lease the best systems for each and every one of our servers. In the event of a server’s physical destruction within the Data Center (destruction mode), we will be in contact with it in order to keep clients informed about the situation. Please mind that recovery time varies, depending on the damage inflicted on the server.