By visiting Menu you can create new menu items, edit existing ones, reorder them using drag and drop and finally, publish or unpublish them.
Can I have different menu format between different languages?
Website menus can be completely different for each language you have added to your website plan. As soon as the Extra Language Addon is bought then a new menu will be activated in the new language. You will then be able to modify it according to your liking.
Can I have different menu format between mobile apps and my website?
Yes, our Admin Control Panel allows you to create different menus for your mobile apps and your website.
How can I create or edit a new menu item?
You can easily create a new menu item by selecting “New” or edit an existing one by clicking it or by ticking the box next to it and then selecting "Edit".
Besides, you can publish or unpublish menu items by navigating to the "Status" column and rearrange them by using drag and drop.
What are the menu types I can use?
Depending on your plan and solution different menu options will become available. To begin with, you need to type a "Menu Title" and specify a "Menu Item Type" by clicking "Select".
Feel free to choose between the following:
- Category: Menu item will lead to a category
- Item: Menu item will lead to an item
- Form: Menu item will lead to a form, where app users can fill and submit it
- URL: Input an external or internal URL.
- Charts: Display your charts
- Top Rated: Display the top rated songs as voted by your listeners
Besides, you may select whether your menu item will become a Root Item (Parent Item) or whether it will be placed under another menu, appearing in a drop-down menu. Notice, that website menus can have a menu depth (drop-down depth) up to 2. However, subcategories of unlimited depth can be created in General Views - Authors - Galleries - Pricelist categories.
You will then need to choose whether your new menu item will open in the parent window, a new tab or a new window.
Switching to Params tab will allow you to define the exact type of the item you have picked on the "Details" tab.
In case you have selected Category as a menu item type on Details tab then you will get to choose between the following categories:
- Authors: Menu item will display an authors category created in Authors
- Galleries: Menu item will display a gallery category created in Galleries
- General Views: Menu item will display a general views category created in General Views.
- Pricelist: Menu item will display a Pricelist category created in Pricelist
- Producers: Menu item will display an authors category created in Producers
- Program: Menu item will display an authors category created in Program
All the above categories and their hierarchy should be already created in the respective Admin Control Panel elements.
Please notice that as soon as you pick one of the above category types you will need to define the exact category you wish to be displayed using the drop-down menu that will appear.
In case you have selected Item as a menu item type on Details tab then you will get to choose between the following:
- About us: Menu item will display your About page
- Galleries: Menu item will display a single gallery item created in Galleries
- General Views: Menu item will display a general views item created in General Views
- Producers: Menu item will display a single item created in Producers
- Program: Menu item will display a single item created in Program
- URLs: Menu item will lead to a specific URL created in URLs
Please notice that all the above items should be already created in the respective Admin Control Panel elements.
As soon as you pick one of the above item types you will need to define the exact item you wish to be displayed by pressing the Select button that will appear.
In case you have picked Form as item type on Details tab then you will get to choose one between premade or custom forms. You can create/ edit forms by visiting “Manage Forms”.
Lastly, in case you have selected URL as item type on Details tab then you will get to type the URL of your choice. Keep in mind that you can use the (#) symbol on link field in order to avoid a hyperlinked menu item.
Last but not least, for some Menu Item Types you may switch over to the Metadata tab in order to set your desired Page Title, Meta Description, Meta Keywords and define the robots meta tag.
Metadata Tags are important for SEO; you may learn more by clicking here.
The following video tutorial demonstrates how you can create and edit website menus and menu items using your Control Panel.
Please note that some of the features and options displayed in this video might not be available or active in your plan.
If you have questions while watching, just ask us using the messenger in the lower right corner of this page and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.