By visiting Menu you can create new menu items, edit existing ones, reorder them using drag and drop and finally, publish or unpublish them.
Can I have different menu format between different languages?
Mobile menus can be completely different for each language you have added to your mobile plan. As soon as the Extra Language Addon is bought then a new menu will be activated in the new language. You will then be able to modify it according to your liking.
How can I create or edit a new menu item?
You can easily create a new menu item by selecting “New” or edit an existing one by clicking it or by ticking the box next to it and then selecting "Edit".
Besides, you can publish or unpublish menu items by navigating to "Status" column or delete and rearrange them by using drag and drop.
What are the menu types I can use?
Depending on your plan and solution different menu options will become available. To begin with, you need to type a "Menu Title" and specify a "Menu Item Type" by clicking "Select".
Feel free to choose between the following:
- Category: Menu item will lead to a category
- Item: Menu item will lead to an item
- Form: Menu item will lead to a form, where app users can fill and submit it
- Recently Played: Menu item will display the recently played songs
- Record: Menu item will allow app users to record and sent an audio message
- Sleep Timer: Menu item will allow app users to set up a sleep timer or an alarm notification
- Weather: Menu item will lead to a weather forecast
Besides, you can also pick an icon for your menu; feel free to select one that suits you best. Moreover, you may select whether your menu item will become a Root Item (Parent Item) or whether it will be placed under another menu, appearing in a drop-down menu. Notice, that mobile menus can have a menu depth (drop-down depth) up to 2. However, subcategories of unlimited depth can be created in General Views - Authors - Galleries - Pricelist categories.
Switching to Params tab will allow you to define the exact type of the item you have picked on "Details" tab.
In case you have selected Category as a menu item type on Details tab then you will get to choose between the following categories:
- Authors: Menu item will display an authors category created in Authors
- Galleries: Menu item will display a gallery category created in Galleries
- General Views: Menu item will display a general views category created in General Views. Clicking "Save" and switching back to "Details" tab will allow you to determine the "Layout View" which is the way items within the General Views categories will be displayed. For more information please refer below.
- Pricelist: Menu item will display a Pricelist category created in Pricelist
All the above categories and their hierarchy should be already created in the respective Admin Control Panel elements.
Please notice that as soon as you pick one of the above category types you will need to define the exact category you wish to be displayed using the drop-down menu that will appear.
What is Layout View on General Views Category?
In Mobile Menus you are able to specify the way items within each General Views category will be displayed. You can select one of the following views for each menu:
- Catalogue - a list containing all your items
- Map - a map containing all items that have been assigned with a specific location. Each item will be represented by a pin and users will be redirected to it upon tapping
- Calendar - a calendar containing all items that have been assigned with a date. Users can tap upon those specific dates and be directed to the relevant item.
Please mind that for an article to be displayed in map or calendar view, a location or a date must be set. This can be done by editing each General Views item separately.
In case you have selected Item as a menu item type on Details tab then you will get to choose between the following:
- About us: Menu item will display your About page
- Galleries: Menu item will display a single gallery item created in Galleries
- General Views: Menu item will display a general views item created in General Views
- URLs: Menu item will display a specific URL created in URLs
Please notice that all the above items should be already created in the respective Admin Control Panel elements.
As soon as you pick one of the above item types you will need to define the exact item you wish to be displayed by pressing the Select button that will appear.
In case you have picked Form as item type on Details tab then you will get to choose one between premade or custom forms. You can create/ edit forms by visiting “Manage Forms”.